By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Unseasonably balmy weather settled over Southern California on Wednesday as a region already accustomed to celebrating Christmas without snow experienced temperatures some 15 degrees (9 degrees Celsius) above normal. Some 129,000 homes and businesses were without power on Christmas morning, energy companies reported. Southern California temperatures climbed to record or near-record levels in the upper 70s Fahrenheit (low 20s Celsius) and low 80s (mid 20s Celsius), propelled by warm, dry Santa Ana winds blowing toward the Pacific from the high deserts, meteorologists said. By midday, the temperature reached 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius) in downtown Los Angeles and was expected to top out just short of the city's record Christmas day high of 85 degrees (29 Celsius), set in 1980.
Latest posts by Periodista (see all)
- Blackpool ‘Methadone’ Toddler: Two Charged - 8 marzo, 2014
- Tennis stars backing Elena Baltacha - 8 marzo, 2014
- Le décret autorisant les magasins de bricolage à ouvrir le dimanche publié au JO - 8 marzo, 2014
- Ukip defends its use of EU funding - 8 marzo, 2014
- Ex-NFL player wanted for rape will stay in California for now - 8 marzo, 2014